Sunday, April 7, 2013

Letter to God contest!

                                       


Curious? Lots of bloggers friends are inspiring me since I began blogging. As you all know, I celebrated my birthday last month in the Philippines and I also found out that many co-bloggers have birthdays in the same month.
 And since I am so blessed by God in many ways,  I want to give back a blessing to him by this contest and to make some people happy:) The winners!

Anyway, Senyor Eskwater (http://iskwaterstories.blogspot.no/  inspired me ( gaya gaya) because he did the same on his birthday asking co-bloggers to define him as a person in four stanzas. And there were many who participated and it was very fun. Congratulation to the well deserved winners.

Bagotilyo  ( http://bagotilyoako.wordpress.com/) inspired me with the title " Letter to God" and his letters.

My contest is not about me. I will ask you blogfriends or readers to define God or write a poetry letter or just a letter to God . It can be thankfulness, heartaches or whatever one  wanted to say to God from seven stanzas and above as it  suits the writer. It should be written in English because the person who will be  judging the entries is English speaking. And she is:


                                                           Michelle Griep. 
 She the author of the book  " Undercurrent" that made me sleepless one night coz I just have to read until the last part of the book. It was a book worth having a sleepless night. She had been a judge in  writing contests before. But this, she will do it for free. Thanks to her.
                                                              Her book


That is why blogging is fun and worth doing. We get to know so many wonderful people. For more details about here, visit her blogsite :http://writerofftheleash.blogspot.no/

And for the prizes of course, it won't make you rich, but you can buy a cup of coffee or tea and one slice of cake I believe:) Hope you join just for fun and to bring glory to God.

I will be featuring your entries in my following post until the end of the month. You can send me your entries to my email address: ligaya.bugten@gmail.com. And by the way, you are free to post your entries to your blogs whenever you want:)


First prize is:      100$
Second prize is:   75$
Third prize is:      50$

And now the first contestant!

                                       Letter to God
I was a child and hungry....God where are you?
I was bullied, no one can defend me.... God where are you?
I was  a teenager being abused, molested and exploited.....
 God where are you?
I was a grown up woman being mistreated, humilated and beaten... God where are you?

                                              Now
God where are you?

And God said:


I was with you all the way.

I was your Father when you needed one!

 I was the voice saying: " Don't give up".

I imparted  you strength to survive.

I had given you hope when everything seems hopeless.

I had shown you a glimpse of light when you were in darkness.

I comforted you when you were hurt.

I was the one who reminded you which way you should go when you were lost.

I was the one who had given you courage to fight for your right.

I was the one who had given you understanding.

I was the one who had given you wisdom when you asked.

I was the one who rescued you from death to life.

I was the one who had given you a heart to love and forgive.

I was the one who loved you, given my life for you, purified and forgiven you.

I was the one who sends you help along the way.

(God's love letter to me!)

This is an excerpt from my blogpost that I wrote before. I am not joining the contest. But since I am the one who started the contest, I have to write God a letter too!

I hope that many will participate in this contest  " Letter to God contest".

                                     JOY

74 comments:

  1. I would love to join! Count me in hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gracie:)Looking foreward for your love letter to God.

      Delete
  2. I will surely join... Though my English is limited, God will understand... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Senyor! I appreciate it very much. I think God understand my limited English too:)

      Delete
  3. inspiring and encouraging to those was in lost

    ReplyDelete
  4. patay, english, pero try natin at para naman kay god ang liham :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kaya mo yan Anthony. It is like a heart to heart talk with God:) Good luck!

      Delete
  5. and this is it mommy granny nakikipagusap na ako talaga kay god hehehe ok lets do this, count me in too. wooott.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ill try. Hope God will enlighten my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a fab idea....got to think...maybe will give it a try. Have a great Sonday Joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nikki. I appreaciate it very much. It is a honor for me for you to join.
      Have a nice Sonday to you too:)

      Delete
  8. with or without prizes I will definitely join!

    first reason:
    I love talking to God eh di lalo na ang sarap sumulat sa kanya. Alam ko ginagawa ko to nung bata pa ko :)

    2nd reason:
    I LOVE the blogger! love u joy mwaaah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Balut. Yes, it is not the prize, but the thought of writing to God is quiet exciting.

      Love you too Balut:)
      Hugs from me!

      Delete
    2. Is it okay to have the entry as a post on our blog too?

      Delete
  9. Yes senyor:) it is your work and it is just but natural to do it. Di ba? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yehey... sent it on your email...pagpasensyahan na....

      Delete
    2. Thanks senyor. First entry.

      Delete
    3. I am happy to be the first to send an entry... Not for winning but I really had fun during the thought process....

      Kudos to you Mommy Joy!

      Feeling ko may special prize ang unang entry! bwahahahaha

      Delete
  10. try ko mag join! hehe pero lam ko di ako mananalo gagaling nila ee
    anyway gustong gusto ko po yang letter nu!

    till kelan po ba to?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Until end of the month mecoy. Thanks for liking my letter to God:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful Idea! I will try, my english is not that good. But I am going to try, because He deserves my letter(or prayer)!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great idea, Joy. :-) Galing mo talaga. Salamat sa invitation na sumali. I will write one for this contest - not necessarily for the prize but for the joy of it and to give you my support. Sige, tulungan kita i-promote ito para marami sumali at sumulat kay God. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Imelda. I appreciate it very much:)

      Delete
  14. Count me in po Ms Joy... sasali din ako... Good luck sa aking English hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mar:) I think you write better English than I am:)

      Delete
  15. Thanks for the invite Mommy Joy!

    You idea of sponsoring this kind of contest is way so cool. A contest for the glory of our God - nothing can beat that.

    Count me in! I'll give my best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naku winner na yan si Daddy for sure!!!! forte niya 'to eh...

      Delete
  16. wow! katuwa naman! thanks sa invite......

    galing naman ng judge....

    sana makasali ako.... poor pa naman ako sa english hehehe

    ganda ng contest na to..... lalo na about kay God....

    ReplyDelete
  17. I will join po Mommy Joy. kahit mag leak ang brain sa nostril ko sa english.

    ReplyDelete
  18. ...hi Joy,

    ...i came here via Imelda's My Word Wall... i saw her post about your contest & so i get here... i like your intention for this contest... writing a letter to God is one i rarely do & i think your challenge will give me something meaningful to do & share... i'd like to ask... hangang kelan po ang submission ng entries... ? at least one po ba or not more than one entry? me required po b na standard format or free verse? smiles... i'll forward to your feedbacks... good day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S.»» belated happy birthday po!

      ...smiles...

      Delete
    2. Wow. Thanks kelvin for visiting. Hangang end of the month ang deadline. You are free to write as you please.
      About how many entries, maybe one entry na muna para parepareho ang nga participants. Again, Thanks for joining.

      Delete
    3. ...thank you po sa feedback & visiting / commenting on my page... really appreciate your words... i am drafting my entry... what fun that you can conceptualize contest like this... btw, nice to meet you too... nakakatuwa talaga pag nakakameet ako ng mga Filipino bloggers... smiles...

      Delete
  19. Replies
    1. Thanks Melgie. I appreciate it very much:)

      Delete
  20. hahah .. gusto ko din sumali.

    A contest that will highlight my purpose in life.

    Dear Lord,

    Please Give me wisdom. hehehe Ayoko pong magnosebleed :p

    To GOd be all the GLory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salamat bagotilyo. Remember, you inspired me to do this:)

      Delete
  21. oh my god, this is more than what i expected it to be. The fact that it has an author judge, ahaha... pressure. Lemme get my thinking caps on. In God's grace, I know he will inspire me to write what is needed to be manifested. :D

    Oh I have a post (http://orangewit.blogspot.com/2013/02/nothing-to-fright-sonnet.html) like this, can i just re-post it? Kidding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks LJ. Yes, God gives to those who asks. I am sure you will make a great one coz it will be coming from your heart:)

      Delete
  22. hard!!!! and the judge?
    HARDER!!! ahihihihi...

    nice contest mommy joy.. i'll try to send my entry (hopefully) one of this days....

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. try ko mommy Joy. I've just followed ur blog coz I am just new in Blog world. I heard a lot of nice thing about you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salamat for following and for the nice comment and that you will join the " Letter to God contest"

      Delete
  24. Hi Ms. Joy, I would like to send an entry for this contest.
    A blog contest with a heart :)

    by the way, Senyor Iskwater brought me here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Limarx and thanks to senyor for bringing you here;) Good luck!

      Delete
  25. Yay this is exciting count me in po :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Napadpad ako dito through bagotilyo's fb page, brilliant idea! :D yun din nman dapat diba, to God be the Glory!

    susubukan kong gumawa ng entry. Hello po!

    ReplyDelete
  27. You have a very nice blog, Joy. I was led here by Michelle. Not sure if I will be entering, I may give it a try! God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks chaplaindebbie. Your visit is appreciated. Hope you join:)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lovely post, Joy! And the pic up top is fabulous! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hindi po ako nangangako pero I will try my best na maka pag submit sa contest nyo Mommy Joy :))

    Na-intimidate na ako kanila Senyor, Daddy Jay at Bagotilyo sa taas oh hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks fiel-kun. Just your heart do tha talking, and it will be amazing:)

      Delete
  31. Our pain is his, and he knows our sorrow. All along He was there with us in our troubles! Your letter to God to so precious.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow! I love your idea,Joy. I will do my best to write a poem,considering am not good at it. I will join without a prize.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mhie. Like I said, the purpose is to bring glory to God:)

      Delete
  33. I love the concept of the contest Mommy Joy :) On a fine day, when my mind is at peace, I will write my letter to God and I'll submit it to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. wow this is great ate :) i hope i could join :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hope too jessica:) good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I am joining too ate Joy. I will email you my letter to god :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is just a beautiful thought. Hope I ain't late to write. Glad I found your blog.
    Follow each other.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Ngayon ko lang po nabasa. :) I will write my first letter to God. :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Thanks for the link to this wonderful post Joy. I really enjoyed reading it and I like the response you gave in your letter. Have a great and wonderful New Year :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and your comments are very well appreciated. It is like a cold glass water in a warm sunny day! Blessings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...