Thursday, January 1, 2015

A love that won't go!

Happy New Year my friend. A new year has begun and the first thing or the best  thing for us  to do first is to seek God's presence. Am I right? For me, it is the best time of my 24 hours a day. During these moments I can learn more of our Creator. In His presence I get my strength and inspirations everyday.  How about you? Is God enriching your life by His presence?

Yes, it is January and it still winter. Cold and it seems that everything in nature is dead.


But we know that it is not.

 In my devotion I come to read this story:

An elderly man lay in the hospital, with his wife of 55 years sitting at his bedside. " Is that you, Ethel, at my side again?"  He whispered.
"Yes, dear," she answered. 
He softly said to her, " Remember years ago when I was in the Veteran's hospital? You were with me then. You were with me when we lost everything in a fire. And Ethel, when we were poor- you stuck with me then too." The man sighed and said " I tell you, Ethel, you are a bad luck!"

It's only a humorous story, but it reminds us how we can twist the facts and fail to recognize the love and loyalty of someone who cares about us. 

Sounds familiar? We too can blame God for every misery or hardship in our lives. 

My childhood was a miserable one and I used to blame God for being unfair to me and the rest of my siblings. Why and why? I thought that God didn't care and that he was the one who caused all our sufferings. Little did I know that he was just forming me to be a woman that he wanted me to be. In hardships, God taught me to endure, to hope and trust. When I had no one, he reminded me that I have him. That our lives is like a wheel. Sometimes we are up, sometimes we are down, but we have to keep rolling to get into our destinations. The roads can be rough or smooth, but we have to keep on wheeling.  In addition, the wheels will probaly get punctured, like us, but God is there too, to mend us together again. To infuse some air ( strength) that we needed so that we can continue going. And the reward? "No eyes have seen and no ears have heard yet," Jesus said.

How can we blame someone who is actually the one who is helping us?  But it happens everyday.
Good thing is that God is a forgiving and understanding God. If we have strayed from Him, we can always come back to Him. 

Matthew 11: 28  Come unto me all yea that labour and are heavily laden and I will give you rest!

Frail children of dust, and feeble as frail,
In Thee do we trust, nor find Thee to fail;
Thy mercies how tender! How firm to the end!
Our Maker, Defender; Redemer, and a Friend. –Grant

A CHILD OF GOD IS ALWAYS WELCOMED HOME.


Ending this post with this prayer:
This year Oh God,
 fill us again with your presence. 
Let our minds be in line with your thoughts. 
Make our crooked ways straight and our darkness be light. 
Let your beauty be seen in us and your goodness be felt through us. 
Let us dwell in your awesomeness of your presence.

JOY


12 comments:

  1. Thanks Joy, thats a real good blog. I wish you and your husband a Good Year with God. He's with us in all thinks we must go through. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great prayer :)
    'Oh God, make our crooked ways straight and shed your divine light when there is darkness' !
    Awesome new year, Joy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful prayer, dear Joy. God bless you, my cherished friend. Happy New Year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Happy New Year Ms. Joy. May you have a basketful of hope, JOY, aspiration, and health. Cheers for 2015~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year Joy! I loved the prayer and the story. Yes, how easy it could be to blame another when they were there to help and encourage us. So thankful that Jesus loves us and is with us always shaping our character through our circumstances.

    Blessings and love,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a humorous story but have a semblance of truth in it .. we sometimes fail to appreciate those who help us ... Happy New Year to you Ms . Joy and God bless us all this year 2015 : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good post .Wish u a very happy new year

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely winter shots. Winter is when nature rests.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year. May 2015 bring you (and me) lots of joy, happiness and GOOD HEALTH.

    Great words of wisdom today, Joy. Please love playing the BLAME Game...

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful thoughts, Joy. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. great words Joy. And I too had a horrible childhood but now looking back, I can see how He used the tough times to make me the person I am today. He taught me something that I'm so grateful for...forgiveness...Him to me and me to those who hurt me. Hugs and wishes for a great new year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful prayer Joy , happy new year to you and your family :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and your comments are very well appreciated. It is like a cold glass water in a warm sunny day! Blessings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...