Sunday, July 8, 2012

How do I pray?

I was reading God's word one morning and I come to the passage where the disciples asked Jesus how to pray? And Jesus said to them. " When you pray, say:


Just think about that we can call God our Father! The one who created the heavens and the earth. Formed us to be a living being, who can think and feel. Who can do the impossible things. 
But does it mean anything for me/ you? Do we respect him as our Father? Are we obedient? I must say that like my children, sometimes, I do things in my own way. Exploring unknown paths that leads me to say sorry Father. I didn't mean too. We all have that kind of feeling that we want to be independent. But, God does not mind us being dependent on Him. He likes to be asked for advice and he does not mind to reason together with us. What a privilige being his child. To be loved by Him. The one who said that he will  go through fire and water with us. So with that, " Thank you Father". 


I  pondered about how I behave. Do I honor God's name with my words or with my deeds? Maybe sometimes, but not all the time. And it is so frustrating that like Paul I can say that I do what I am not supposed to be doing. And I may say that once in a while I uttered words that I supposed to be not saying. Shameful and disgusted about myself.
 When I am with people, sometimes I get carried away and go with the flow and forgetting as a believer, I should not. And that is why I have to pray instead: " God help me to  honor thy name with my words and my action. How about you? Good to know that we have a God that can remind us of his words:

Psalm 34: 11-14
 Come, my children ( he called us his children)  

Listen to me ( he wants us to pay attention)

 I will teach you the fear of the Lord ( He is going to show us how to fear or honor him) 

Whoever of you loves life and desires to see many good days,
( He is asking us what we want. Giving us the choice)

 keep your tongue from evil and your lips from speaking lies. Turn from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it.  ( His advice)

So friends as God's children he is giving us the freedom to choose, but leading us which way we should go. 



Can you imagine God's kingdom? The vastness?  Where we can find everything we can imagine? Where there is no sorrow but joy? Where there is no evil? That is why Jesus wanted us to say that prayer. That God's kingdom will come into us. He wants us the best.

 He said : 

Ask and it will be given unto you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone  who ask recieves; he who seeks finds: and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.  Luke 11:9-10

 Don't know about you, but I am seeking God's kingdom, I am asking God about so many things and knocking at His door. Coz in him I can find everything.


What is our daily bread? For me it is rice and sometimes it is my my daughter's too. But she don't know how to cook it, so sometimes she  buys finished product. " Boil.In-Bag" 

When I read this verse, It dawned on me that Jesus said each day. It means from day to day. Then I thought that God's provision is daily. We cannot store it up and cut communication with God. God is our source, and  to be strong, we have to be feed by  daily bread that comes from God.

Mathew 4:4. Man should not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.



Do we really forgive everyone who sins agains us? Well, I suppose we will say, it depends what kind of offense that person did to me. It is not always easy to forgive. In fact, for many, it can take years or some dies without forgiving. And it is tragic. 

During my childhood days I experienced so much pain from people who had done such  terrible things to me and also in my adulthood. But, what a relief when I forgave them and let God do the justice for me. As I looked back, I can now see the consequences of what some of  them had done to me. And God has been good to me. He restored me and made me whole again. 
 But as we ask God to forgive us our sins, he require also that we forgive not one, but everyone who sins against us. Why keep hatred in our hearts? Let's go on living and have a joyful life. Anyway, what is done is done, we cannot do anything about it, but we can do something about what is now!


In the last words of this prayer , Jesus said that we have to pray not to be leadeth into temptaion. It's a desire not to be put into  places where we can be tempted beyond what we can bear.Then if we pray about it, then we should not be going to places where we can be tempted to do things that destroy our soul body and spirit.

 Isn't it amazing that this prayer that Jesus taught us involves every aspect of our lives? A short prayer that says everything? How can I stop marvelling about God's words. It is like a never ending source of wisdom. 

How about you? How do you pray? 
                              

38 comments:

  1. What a beautiful interpretation of the Lord's prayer. You have many insights and I'm glad you shared them. I am praying in the kingdom of God with you. Psalm 34 is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for visiting Lisa. My favorite too. The book of Psalms.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful pictures, I do. Stunning landscapes and flowers, excellent colors. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks arvid. Blessings to you:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. indeed, a very nice interpretation! happy and blessed Sunday to you Ms. Joy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The most powerful prayer ever. Oh how I wish I would have been there to hear Jesus praying it. Your beautiful pictures added to the interpretation of the prayer, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boy did I need this this morning. I'm feeling very overwhelmed and negative. I'm usually a very positive person but sometimes things just become to much. When my life gets full of uncertainty and not going to the I would like I usually say: "For the Sacred Heart of Jesus I trust in you" and like magic my stress reduces and I remember I am not in control He is and I should not fight with him because it's He knows much more then I do or ever will. Thank YOU!!! Beautiful post and photos

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome, Joy.You're truly an inspirations. You inspired me again. Thank you for sharing your thoughts all the time and helps people that God is always there for us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great reminder to truly think of the meaning of the Our Father when praying. You are an inspiration~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lizzy. And God is my inspiration:)

      Delete
  9. this was a great post. And a great reminder. Thanks for sharing this.
    Have a Blessed Week,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks sherry and have a blessed week to you too:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful pics and important words!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Inspiring post. Thanks for the visit :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lina and thanks Nikki:) Bless you both:)

      Delete
  13. powerful....have a super Son soaked week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Saint Tereasa of Avila wrote a whole book on The Our Father...I read it so long ago and I remember thinking about her words for a long time...every sentence was a chapter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Ann Marie, God's words are really powerful. Never ending wisdom. Thanks for the visit:)

      Delete
  15. I don't pray, I don't believe in Churches, I have my private believes.
    Thanks for your visit on my photo blog !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Gattina. Thanks for your visit too:)

      Delete
  16. Amen!! Happy Monday Joy! God bless!

    Mary, MI

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful photos and thoughts on the Lord's Prayer.
    Thank you so much for your kind comments on my Psalm 23 post.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a beautiful post..

    Visiting for MYM- hope you can stop by..

    http://appleduffle.com/2012/07/painted-giant-turtle.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. Loved the photos & reflections Joy.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for enlightening me!

    Come and have some of my Yummy Yellows. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  21. ako I pray, just by saying what's in my heart. I also pray the prayers taught by the church but sometimes, I feel we can express ourselves and our gratitude more, by saying just what we feel :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, ZaiZai, that is what prayer is all about. Saying what's in our heart to God. Thanks for visiting again:)

      Delete
  22. hi,, just visit this site,, have a nice day :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and your comments are very well appreciated. It is like a cold glass water in a warm sunny day! Blessings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...