Sunday, July 21, 2013

God's boxes

                                                                      Borrowed from google
I have in my hands two boxes, 

Which God gave me to hold. 
He said, "Put all your sorrows in the black box, 
And all your joys in the gold." 



I heeded His words, and in the two boxes, 
Both my joys and sorrows I stored, 
But though the gold became heavier each day, 
The black was as light as before. 

With curiosity, I opened the black, 
I wanted to find out why, 
And I saw, in the base of the box, a hole, 
Which my sorrows had fallen out by. 

I showed the hole to God, and mused, 
"I wonder where my sorrows could be!" 
He smiled a gentle smile and said, 
"My child, they're all here with me.." 

I asked God, why He gave me the boxes, 
Why the gold and the black with the hole? 
"My child, the gold is for you to count your blessings, 
The black is for you to let go." 



I received this story from Hazel Moon, a friend and it should be shared. So I hope it lightens your day too!



JOY

15 comments:

  1. Awww, Mommy Joy *hugs* napangiti ako ng entry na ito. Tama nga naman si God, count your blessings na lang at don't meddle sa mga pighati ng buhay instead, i-let go mo na lang ang lahat ng iyon at hayaan mong si God ang magpagaan ng mga pasakit/pighati para sa iyo :))

    Have a blessed Sunday po!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Feil-kun.
    Same to you dear:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, great !
    Another beautiful post !

    God bless !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ang cute! Talks about how God bless us so much and how he love us for taking all our sorrows.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a good reminder for me especially at this time........Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you well Diane. May God's joy and peace fill your heart and soul.

      Delete
  6. What a wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was a really nice sotry - thanks for sharing Mommy Joy! I wish it is always so easy to let go of the sorrows, but this story reminds me it is easy to let go - just leave it to God :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great poem with a beautiful reminder... Letting go of the sorrows...
    Di madali kung minsan but we really have to...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and your comments are very well appreciated. It is like a cold glass water in a warm sunny day! Blessings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...