Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The lake on top of the mountain!


Yes, the sun decided to give us a visit today. I haven't seen her ( is it right? her or it?) often in the last few days. And something inside me became alive. The desire to be out. To see how the sun rays changes the surroundings in different colors.
I asked my husband if he wanted to go out for a love walk, but he was busy with our boat. So I asked  Wanida, a friend of mine from Thailand if she wanted to go with me. Luckily, she was willing.
 Grønnvatnet is the name of the place. It means " Greenlake" or Greenwater" in English. I wanted to know if the lake or the water is green. But it was a long way to go. Join us:)

This is my friend Wanida. She took her dog with her and he was really very happy with that.


He was  pulling Wanida. Up, up, we go. Come!



After a half an hour of walking and climbing, we took a rest and ate some bread and drank water. We really didn't know how far the lake was. So it was better to put some food first in our stomachs. Oh my! We were already exhausted after half an hour. Can you imagine two old ladies climbing a mountain?

 Anyway, picture taking while we rested. The sun played hide and seek with us. So the pictures were not so bright.


Wanida had to tied her dog in a tree, or else he would run away from us.  The last thing we wanted was a search action that can take place if ever.


Nice flowers along the way.


flowers between the rocks, mushrooms and anthill

overcast

some blue skies in between


Anyway, we have to continue the journey. They put planks all the way because there was so much water on the trails. And they were also a sign to show hikers the way.

No, this is not the lake yet, but I think it was beautiful because the  water reflected the sky. Can you see it?

 A butterfly ended swimming in the water? Maybe she thought that she was headed to the sky?


Water here and there.
At last, after one and half hour and two exhausted old ladies, we arrived on the stairs that we should climb to reach the lake on top of the mountain. But Wanida my friend wouldn't climb up anymore.

But I was so determined to reach my goal, so I asked her if she could wait for me. And she agreed.
So I climbed and climbed to the top for ten minutes. It was very steep, but it didn't stop me.

And finally, the reward. The beautiful lake. All I could say was, Oh! Oh! How wonderful it is. The water was not green alright, but it was fantastic. Maybe more awesome if the sun didn't hide behind the clouds. I wish my husband was with me to enjoy the scenery.

I was  sweat, but I just couldn't just jump to the water because I don't know how to swim and the lake water was icing cold.


Seems enticing but scary too !

But I have to look back where I came from. Time to go back to Wanida and her dog.


Together we descended back to where we came from.
Took a little rest along the way and took some pictures as you can see.



Seeing the lake made my day because I wanted to see this place since my daughter was a small girl. Now she is grown up. Finally!
But the  reward....I still have pain all over my whole body until now. But it was worth.

                                                       JOY

32 comments:

  1. Ms joy mgndang excercise nmn po yan at believe ako sa determinasyon niyong tapusin ang goal mo n mpuntahan ang lake , its nkakabilib lang!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I bet you enjoyed the beauty of nature has to offer ang gaganda naman kasi, tsaka kasama mo pa friend mo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Denise and kulapipot:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. buti kapa mommy Joy na eenjoy mo ang Nice weather sa labas, una dahil may time ka at pangalawa ay may nakakasama ka... ako, heto after ng work sa bahay lang, ilang months na ring di ko nahahawakan camera ko nakakamiss na magtake ng photos at maglakwatsa hehe. matatapos na din ang summer aww!

    take care po, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oo nga gracie. Minsan lang pag ok weather:)
    You do it pag may free ka Gracie. Good for the soul, body and spirit:)
    Take care din:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, ang tapang nyo naman dalawa ni Wanida, Mommy Joy :)) ang sarap ng hiking nyo, lalo na yung beautiful scenery at nung Green Lake. Worth the sweat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oo nga Fiel-kun. Really worth:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you made it, Joy. I'm PROUD of you... That lake was beautiful --and made the trip up the mountain worthwhile for sure. George and I do LOTS of hiking up and down mountains --so we are used to it... BUT--it's easier for me to do the UP part first (like you did) ---since going back down is easier. When we go down first ---the UP part going out is much harder!!!!! ha

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Betsy. Have to be used by this kind of hobby. My husband preffered the sea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ganda ng lugar!!! ganda ng photos ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. soon tatry ko din yung mga ganyang activities ehhee,
    daig pa ko ni dogie ee

    ReplyDelete
  12. What energy you had... but your venture was rewarded along the way and then that beautiful view of the lake... Diane

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! There is a lake in the western side of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan called The Lake in the Clouds. It is located in The Porcupine Mountains. It is amazing, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks McGuffy Ann. Yes, we are lucky to see this beautiful side of nature:)

      Delete
  14. Ang ganda mami joy., really worth the walk (or climb?) hehehe.
    Sayang nga lang kung maaraw nga lang di mas maganda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo nga June. Mailap araw dito eh kahit summer;)

      Delete
  15. maganda ang lugar.....gusto ko ang kulay ng aso...

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a nice place, and you took very nice photos of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sige abangan ko si doggie Manong Unyol:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love how you wrote this Joy...like a story. And yes the walk and hike looks beautiful. Glad you did the whole way to see the lake even though you're body is sore. I love being out in nature...Everywhere I see him and He shouts to me in the sights the sounds and smells. Happy Thursday Joy.....hope it's another beautiful day for you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonders of nature! Ganda... relaxing view after a long walk and hike!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Joy, is Wanida from Thailand since her name sounds like Thai. Galing naman at umakyat kayo ng bundok to see the lake. I like all the small photographs of plants. Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she is from Thailand. Thanks for the visit Jonathan:)

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by and your comments are very well appreciated. It is like a cold glass water in a warm sunny day! Blessings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...