Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Diamonds are forever!




Friends are like diamonds..precious and rare!


I was invited by my dear young friend Jasmaine to her birthday celebration. She turned 31 years old. Just like a daughter to me. But we have one thing  in common.  We both believe and love God and His words. Means a lot to me.

Meet Jasmaine and the love of her life Romell. They got married last year. Romell is a very kindhearted, hardworking and humble man. Very sweet and lovable. They are very much in love:)



Romell prepared all the foods for his wife's birthday celebration. He can cook very well too.




Two of the guests, Gemma and Daffodil baked cakes for Jasmaine. 


Here are the cakes and the birthday celebrant with her hubby


Anyway meet the two couples, left and right who were invited to the birthday party. The man to the right is from Canada and he is the fiance of Marilyn ( the lady beside him)  He gave Marilyn a big diamond ring as an engagement ring. A very expensive one. We really admired her ring. 


One of the guest too, Mercy was wearing her diamonds . Well, what can we say? Diamonds last forever...they said so.



I must admit that I don't have diamonds that last forever, but I have diamonds...lots of them. Sadly, they don't last forever here on earth, just like me. My husband, my children, my grandchildren to name a few are my diamonds. 

But I'm a very lucky woman, because I found the true diamond that last forever. He is going to be around here on earth and when everyone is nowhere to find. A treasure that is worth keeping. The one who created the diamonds. Our almighty God.

We are also God's dianmonds with still rough edges. But one day, as we walk with God, we will be refined into perfectness so that we can shine and last forever.

Listen to this last passage from Ezekiel and insert your name. 

This is a picture of the beautiful makeover God gave to Israel and what He wants to do with you. 
 “On the day you were born, no one cared about you…you were unwanted, dumped in a field and left to die. But I came by and saw you there, helplessly kicking about in your own blood. As you lay there, I said, ‘Live!’ And I helped you to thrive like a plant in the field. You grew up and became a beautiful jewel. I wrapped my cloak around you to cover your nakedness and declared my marriage vows. I made a covenant with you, says the Sovereign Lord, and you became mine. Then I bathed you and washed off your blood, and I rubbed fragrant oils into your skin.  I gave you expensive clothing of fine linen and silk, beautifully embroidered, and sandals made of fine goatskin leather.  I gave you lovely jewelry, bracelets, beautiful necklaces, a ring for your nose, earrings for your ears, and a lovely crown for your head.  And so you were adorned with gold and silver. Your clothes were made of fine linen and were beautifully embroidered. You ate the finest foods—choice flour, honey, and olive oil—and became more beautiful than ever. You looked like a queen, and so you were!” (excerpts from Ezekiel 16:4-13).  

Take a minute and realize how much God loves you and know that He sees the diamond amidst your rough.  Walk through your day today knowing that God has a great plan for you and knows just how to bring out your brilliance. 


JOY

31 comments:

  1. Well said Ate! A diamond lasts forever indeed! :) You are considered as a diamond too to people who knows you from all walks of life. It's my pleasure and an honor as well to be given the chance to meet you. Stay blessed and continue to be a blessing to everybody. You are an inspiration. Just like your name, you do bring joy wherever you're at. *winks* May God bless you and your family always. Mwah :*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Cindy for your heartwarming words. Naiiyak tuloy ako. Very touched naman ako. God bless you too more and more:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lahat ng bagay dito sa mundo ay naluluma at kumukupas. Ngunit ang pagmamahal sa ating ng Diyos ay hindi magmamaliw kailanman. Patuloy itong kikinang, mas makinang at maliwanag pa sa pinakamamahaling diyamante sa mundo. Lalo pa itong kikinang at magliliwanag kung palalakasin pa natin ang ating pananampalataya sa Kanya.

    You are also a rare and bright Diamond, Mommy Joy. Your loved ones and the people around were soo lucky to have met you. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice words about Diamond too fiel-kun:)
      Thanks for the compliment:)

      Delete
  4. Ang gand ang message. Indeed the most precious thing on earth are not those we buy or get pero yung mga tao sa buhay naten na napakaimportante. Same thing goes with Papa God.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks June and IT is true. Thanks for visiting:)

      Delete
  5. Diamonds lasts forever indeed ... and don't forget Diamonds are a girl's bestfriend too he he ... delicious buffet , sarap kumain ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Edgar. Hinihintay ko pa best friend ko:)

      Delete
  6. I also don't have a real diamond, but just like you ate Joy, I consider the people I love as my prized jewel. Please send my greeting to your friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Friends are like diamonds..precious and rare!

    - Sobrang agree ako dito ehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice post, Joy. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love diamonds too. :D

    True friends are precious gems indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, cool post !
    All the 'diamonds' on your pictures are beautiful ! Would have been better if you had tagged their names on all pics :)
    Any chance for readers like me to get to know all these precious diamond like people ? I also would like to enlarge, diversify and add variety to my collection of friends :)

    Diamonds are forever is a famous movie of James Bond, my hero ! Love this movie ! Hope you have watched it.

    God bless !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rajiv. These diamonds have no blogs and that is why I could not tag them Rajiv:)
      Havent seen the film yet:)

      Delete
  11. The real best friends are not diamonds, but friends worth keeping for a lifetime :)

    Happy New Year and God bless Mommy Joy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is true too Zaizai:)
      Happy New year to you too:)

      Delete
  12. What a great party and such a pretty group of women --and some handsome men! Happy Birthday, Jasmaine. Looks like so much fun ---and gorgeous DIAMONDS….. Yeah!!
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  13. friends are indeed precious! happy birthday to your friend Jasmaine!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Joy, I love that you see your friends and family as precious diamonds. I think I too will start thinking of mine in that manner, because really, those friends and family the Lord has placed in my life are truly precious
    God bless
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by Tracy and God bless you too:)

      Delete
  15. This was a beautiful post, Joy! I am so thankful I stopped by. You always encourage and bless me so much. You are very special and precious to God....to me...and to so many others! God's peace be with you and your beautiful family and friends. Love, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes ,good friends are like diamonds , very nice pot Joy :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks Renante. God bless you dear:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you so much for your heart warming comment Cheryl.
    I wish the same to you:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. The scripture is beautiful, Joy! Love the photos of your friends and family and food, too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. well your diamonds were way more precious that those sparkling stones ate joy!
    and you, yourself was one of them naman

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you so much Mecoy:) you are a diamond too;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow all the beautiful ladies together. Its a Party time!
    The couple is complimenting each other. i hope your friend and you with a blissful life.
    I love this food too. I wish i could taste it hmmm!!!
    Nice get together.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and your comments are very well appreciated. It is like a cold glass water in a warm sunny day! Blessings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...