Sunday, March 1, 2015

Meekness and majesty!

 Meekness and majesty



 I remember when I was a child and  lived in a farm, my feet was alwasy dirty. Like others children do, I play in the ground, walked in the grass and just loved being barefoot. But I really did not like having my feet dirty. There was a creek nearby where I lived and I used  to wash my feet there. I loved to be there and   feels the fresh cold water running through my feet. 
I think that no one really likes playing the dirt in the long run and be filthy. We all like the feeling of being clean. Washing our own feet is one thing, but washing other's feet is another thing and I don't think it is the kind of task that we normally do for others. And it is not also  the other way around. I don't like others to wash the dirt out of my feet either. How about you?



I read in John 13:1-17 about Jesus way of showing meekness by washing His disciples feet. Among the disciples was Judas whom He knows gonna betrayed Him, but still He washed His feet. What an amazing act of meekness. He the Majestic One washed the dirty feets of the His disciples!  Do you think we can do that?


Prayer:
 Dear Jesus, I know that we can never do all the good things that You did, but thank You for being an example for us to follow. 
Help us everyday to serve others in every little ways we can.

 Not to serve evil, but conquer evil with love and humility. I pray that we will remain humble no matter what. It is not we, but You be seen in us.




Leaving you this words I felt God whispered to me in one my difficult moments. Maybe it is for you too.


Word from God:

Arise and go forward...

There will be a desert...detour...storm to battle....but keep going, trusting, worshipping. Strength will be given along the journey. 
Be guided by my words. You might not understand everything, but in due time, answers will come. Don't give up when persecution comes. Remember, a fruitful tree get stoned. But it sustains the hunger of those who eat and a haven for those who need rest. 
Thank You Father!

JOY

14 comments:

  1. Meekness is a virtue and to those who thrives in simplicity and humility, they will in the end, gain greatness. The photographs are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Majesty always follows meekness ... when you are humble , everything seems so easy to do : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meekness and humility are strengths and good qualities. Beautiful photos, Joy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ه°·✿
    Passei para uma visita.
    Um lindo post cheio de ensinamentos e reflexões.
    Imagens muito bonitas.

    Ótima semana! Bom mês de Março!
    Beijinhos.
    ♪♬♫° ·.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos and words, Joy. A church where i used to work offers Foot Washing as part of a worship service...Very very moving and inspirational... Made me cry just attending and participating in that service. God Bless.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I prayed your beautiful prayer in your post. Wonderful, humble thoughts to ponder.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both beautiful and inspirational, Joy! Hug.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous photos! May we have a servant's heart as Jesus did, putting others' needs ahead of our own. Thank you for the truth-filled and inspirational post, and for your lovely comment on Saved by Grace.
    God bless,
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jesus really is the best example of how we should act towards others, it is great how a God could show us how to be human :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a majestic view. As majestic as the Creator. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for sharing this encouragement! Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Joy, those words mean very much to me right now... thank you.... Diane

    ReplyDelete
  13. Boa tarde, a mansidão das fotos é maravilhosa, as cores são magicas.
    AG

    ReplyDelete
  14. this days, humanity is something we have to remind in ourselves. thank you for sharing such a beautiful photos and inspiring message:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and your comments are very well appreciated. It is like a cold glass water in a warm sunny day! Blessings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...