Sunday, August 12, 2012

Meeting the relatives!


Actually it is not my relatives, but my husband's. It is their family reunion. 

The rain pours down and it's getting darker and darker as you can see in the picture.


But off we go although it is one and a half  hour drive from our place. We cannot dissappoint the relatives, can we? 

Long drive, so we can take a look by the wayside. I believe the  plants like the rain:)



                                            The lake is not enticing today!


This place reminds me of a scary film where a ghost suddenly appears on a lake.

But guess who are out in the streets. Two tiny kittens.

My daughter wanted to adopt this one, but her father told her that someone owns that kitten. So off we go again.


At last we arrive at the place where we are going to meet everybody. And when we arrived, the place was already decorated for the reunion.

I like to sit beside the fireplace, but it is not lit today!

Anyway, here is the picture of their forefathers . A wedding picture. Year 1921

 And here we are who dare to be published in my blog. The rest didn't want to be the talk of the town.

In the picture is my youngest daughter, her cousin and your's truly.


And uninvited visitors:)


At last food for our empty stomachs. They served  " sodd". The dish consist of potatoes, meatballs, vegetables and chop meat. Typical Norwegian festive food. One dish only.


Anyway, I took a lot of pictures of  more than one hundred guests, but I dare not to publish them. Don't want to  have a complaint later for publishing without permit.

But I can published the cakes they baked. As you can see in the next pictures. Really mouth watering. Shall we  count them?

No. 1

No. 2

No. 3

                                                                                     No. 4


No. 5

No. 6

No. 7

                                                                                    No. 8


                                                                               No. 9


                                                                             No. 10



                                                                                 No. 11


No. 12


No. 13

                                                                                   No. 14


                                                                                       No. 15


                                                                              No. 16


                                                                                No. 17

No. 18
                                                                                  No. 19

No. 20


No. 21
Pluss Leche plan and Jelly for dessert. 

As you can see, my husband's relatives are known to bake cakes more than the guests could eat. As much as I tried, I didn't had the chance to taste all of these cakes.


Last, but not the least,  a picture of my daughter's great-great grandma and great- great grandpa and their three daughters. They had three sons who migrated to America that didn't come back. 


And here is my daughter. Fifth generation. Can you see some similarity with her forefathers? 


I don't! Maybe my daughter  has more similarity from my side. My father is half spanish and half filippino.  Anyway, nice meeting my husband's relatives and knowing their history.

How about you? Do you look like your forefathers or some of your relatives?


23 comments:

  1. Hi Joy, Looks like a great reunion with lots of nice food. I was disappointed though not to see more of the family pictures from that side of the family. I've seen lots from your side --but almost none from your hubby's side. Your daughter is one beautiful lady.... Thanks for sharing.. That food looks delicious.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Betsy, I was dissappointed too because they don't want me to publish their pictures. What can I do? Anyway, thanks for the visit and nice comment:)

      Delete
  2. That's a lot of cakes!! Mukhang hindi nga nawawala ang cakes sa celebrations jan. Yun 4th cake, nakita ko na nagbake si Gracie ng ganyan dati. I love the 1921 wedding pic. Hindi ako nakakakita ng ganyan sa amin, oldest wedding pic na nakita ko was my parent's at 1970's lang siya. Your daughter is beautiful, pero hindi ako marunong tumingin kung sino kamukha, haha, mahina ako sa faces e.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again Joanne, my faithful commentator and follower:) ganyan talaga dito pag may party mga norwegian. Isa lang nag ulam, pero pag dating sa cakes, ubod ng dami. Kaya ang daming mataba dito. buti na lang, di ako masyado mahilig sa sweets:)

      Delete
  3. Joy, I love the countryside still in the mist and rain.

    Good that you have these reunions. And your daughter is so pretty. You don't look far apart in age... because you are petite.

    Thanks for letting us in, I sure would have like a bite of every sweets you counted, but I maybe can't take in all of these, like you.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sis Lolita. I tried really to resist the sweets. Or else I will look like aball one day:)

      Delete
  4. love seeing the pictures of the relatives :) but more fun looking at all the desserts ms joy! nagutom ako! :)

    cute picture ng kittens in the rain! rainy din pala dyan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the nice comments Zaizai. Yes, cute talaga ng mga kuting, kaya lang may may ari non kasi eh.

      Delete
  5. oh joy, keep your blood sugar in check.. I notice that Norwegians are fond in serving sweets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OO nga Mel. Baka masyado akong tumamis. HI HI

      Delete
  6. Your pictures made me crave for those mouth-watering sweets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, me too now Anne, when the cakes are all gone:)

      Delete
  7. Wow. I think I'm going to have cake for breakfast. Thanks for increasing my waistline, Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoyed the pictures. Thanks for sharing the reunion.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whatta wide variety of cakes hehe! Typical party in Norway.

    I agree your daughter got more of Filipino genes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Gracie you know the parties here. Kaya lumalaki tayo eh. he he

      Delete
  10. your daughter is beautiful..inside and out!! we had a reunion this week too..with my husbands family...I won't publish the photos either..
    wow..the food...you guys really know how to do it!! looks so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  11. naglaway talaga ako ng literal sa mga cakes!ang sarap tingnan pero mas masarap siguro kainin hehehe..ang pretty naman ng daughter mo :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pink line. Nahaluan ng puti eh. hi hi

      Delete
  12. Wow, beautiful post !
    Nice pics and well written !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and your comments are very well appreciated. It is like a cold glass water in a warm sunny day! Blessings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...